Wintershall Dea appreciates your visit to our Wintershall Dea registration portal and your interest in our company.
Data protection is a top priority at Wintershall Dea. Therefore we would like to inform you in detail about:
• The information Wintershall Dea collects during your visit to this online portal
• The purposes for which this information is processed
• The legal basis for the processing of personal data
• To which recipients personal data is transmitted
• How long personal data is stored
• Whether you are obliged to provide us with personal data
We would also like to inform you:
• What your rights are regarding the data processing carried out
• Who is to be regarded as the person responsible (i.e. the controller) within the meaning of data privacy law and, if available, the contact data of our data protection officer
1. What information does Wintershall Dea collect during your visit to this online portal?
(1) If you confirm/record your attendance/non-attendance via this online portal, we store the following information:
• Time of registration/cancellation
• Time the confirmation e-mail was sent
• Contents of the confirmation e-mail
• Academic degree, salutation, first and surname
• If applicable, your personal remarks/references to the organiser, e.g. allergies or other intolerances
You can revoke your consent to send invitations at any time.
(2) If you contact us by e-mail, we will collect the following information:
• Your e-mail address and any other information you provide to us in your e-mail
• Date and time of your contact
2. To what extent does Wintershall Dea process the aforementioned data and for what purposes?
(1) When you visit the Wintershall Dea website, we use the IP address and other data mentioned under Section 1(1) and automatically transmitted by your browser to our server for the following purposes:
a) to provide you with the requested content. We record the complete IP address only as long as it is technically necessary to display the requested page.
b) to protect us from attacks and to ensure the proper operation of our online portal. We store the said data temporarily and with access protected for a maximum of 7 days.
Wintershall Dea will only attempt to find out who is associated with an IP address in case of illegal attacks.
(2) If you contact us by e-mail, we will use the personal data mentioned under Section 1(2) to answer to your inquiry and to comply with it as far as possible. This personal data is stored for as long as is necessary to answer your inquiry and to comply with it.
3. Are you obliged to provide us with personal data? Can you object to its use?
When you visit our online portal, the information mentioned in Section 1(1) is automatically transmitted from your browser to our server. The transmission of this information is voluntary. We will not be able to display the requested page without you providing this personal data.
If you wish to contact us and send us an e-mail for this purpose, the transmission of the information mentioned in Section 1(2) is voluntary. Without the provision of the personal data required in individual cases, we may not be able to answer your inquiry in the best possible way.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for processing your personal data as set out in Section 2 is Article 6(1), sentence 1, point (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Wintershall Dea's legitimate interest in these processing activities is derived from the purposes set out in Section 2.
5. To whom do we transfer your personal data?
We transfer the personal data mentioned under Section 1 to contract processors based within the European Union for the purposes stated under Section 2. The processing there takes place on our behalf and according to our instructions. We do not intend to transfer your personal data to a third country. We have commissioned as data processors:
• sxces Communication AG, Wigandstr. 17, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Data storage is carried out on behalf of sxces by: A+M Guestcompany GmbH, Zehlendorfer Damm 7, 14532 Kleinmachnow, Germany The data transmitted to A+M Guestcompany GmbH will also not be disclosed to third parties.
6. How do we protect your personal data?
Wintershall Dea implements technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are continuously revised in line with technological developments.
7. What rights do you have?
You have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
7.1 Right of access:
7.2 Right to rectification:
If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it rectified;
7.3 Right to erasure:
On the basis of the "right to be forgotten", you can demand the erasure of personal data concerning you, unless there is a retention obligation. The right to erasure is not a right without exception. For example, we have the right to continue to process your personal data if such processing is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
7.4 Right to restriction of processing:
This right includes the restriction of processing or the nature and manner of that processing. This right is limited to certain cases and applies in particular if: (a) the data is inaccurate; (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the data; (c) we no longer require the data but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. If processing is restricted, we may continue to store the data but may not process it. We maintain a list of those persons who have exercised the right to restrict processing in order to ensure that this restriction is implemented;
7.5 Right to data portability:
This right includes that we transmit your personal data, if technically possible, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for the recipient’s own purposes;
7.6 Right to object:
You may object to processing of your personal data which is based on legitimate interests, in particular in the case of direct marketing;
7.7 Right to information:
You have the right to be notified, in clear and easily understandable language, of how we process your personal data;
7.8 Right to withdraw your consent:
If you have given us your consent for processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such a withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed up to the point of the revocation.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge for you. However, you must prove your identity via two-factor authentication. We will make reasonable efforts, in accordance with our legal obligations, to transfer, rectify or erase your personal data in our file systems.
To exercise your rights, file a complaint or submit any other inquiry, please contact us by e-mail or write to us. We will try to answer you within 30 days. Contact details can be found in Section 11.
If we receive a complaint, we will contact the person who filed the complaint to investigate it. If we are unable to resolve a complaint immediately, we will cooperate with the authorities, in particular the data protection authorities, as necessary.
If you are not satisfied with the handling of a complaint regarding your personal data, you can submit your complaint to the responsible data protection authority.
8. Where can you complain?
The state commissioner for data protection and freedom of information Hesse P.O. box 3163 65021 Wiesbaden, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)611 1408 – 0
Fax: +49 (0)611 1408 – 900 / 901
9. Who is responsible for data processing and who is our data protection officer?
The person responsible for data processing (i.e. the controller) can be found here.
Our data protection officer is:
34119 Kassel, Germany
+49 (0)561 301 0
10. Data protection for minors
This online portal is aimed at persons who are at least 18 years old. We do not wish to collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18.
Persons under the age of 18 should therefore not submit any personal information via this website. If such a person transmits personal data via this website, we will delete this data and not process it as soon as we become aware of the person’s minority.